Frequently asked questions
- I'm new to the range - how do I start?
- Build a routine and order some products :). If you have super-sensitive skin make sure you choose an unscented products.
- Are your products tested on animals? What's your animal testing statement?
- We don't use ingredients that have been tested on animals. We also do not test finished products on animals nor do we engage subcontractors to do so. We also don't sell to markets where animal testing is mandatory. All Facetheory ingredients are vegan and none are animal-derived.
- Do you offer samples?
- We don't offer samples unfortunately. We recommend you use facetheory for at least 30 days to get a good feel for if the routine is going to work for you and a sample wouldn't give your skin sufficient time to obtain the benefit from the product. We back our products with a 365 day satisfaction guarantee, so if you're not happy you can just claim a refund.
- How long can the products be stored for?
- Quick answer - it depends - factors like the environment affect shelf life, so we can't give a specific answer - but most of the time the products will be fine even a year after you buy them. Once opened, they last at least nine months at room temperature.
- Where are facetheory products made?
- They're made in the United Kingdom in our own lab to exacting quality standards. We source our ingredients very carefully and only work with a carefully chosen selection of suppliers.
- I have a medical condition - are facetheory products suitable?
- Generally speaking our products are well-tolerated, however if you have specific concerns please address these with your medical practitioner. If in doubt, test on a small area first (e.g. behind your ear) and leave the product on for 24 hours. If there's any redness or soreness then discontinue use.
- I've got a nut allergy. Can I use your products?
- Allergies vary from person to person and unfortunately we are not able to confirm "nut allergy free" for everybody because each individual could be allergic to a different kind of nut (although peanuts are the most common). We do however include a full list of ingredients with every product, both on the website and on the product packaging. We suggest you check these to make sure our products don't have something in that you're allergic to.
If you do have a nut allergy - we always recommend you speak to your GP to see if our products may be suitable and then patch test first. A small amount should be applied close to where you want to apply the product (such as behind the ear). If you experience any redness, irritation or discomfort during the next 24 hours then you should immediately and thoroughly wash the test area and not use that product.
Ordering and Delivery
- How much is delivery and how long does it take?
- Tracked DPD delivery is EUR 3.99 to Europe and FREE on orders over EUR 30. Orders are shipped from our warehouse in the European Union.
- And what about international delivery?
- Orders to other EU are delivered in about three working days and the rest of the world anywhere between ten and fourteen days. You may have to pay customs charges on receipt in your own country if you're outside of the EU.
- How does the 365 day satisfaction guarantee work?
- More here.
- What's the returns policy?
- If you don't like a product, let us know, and we'll offer you a replacement product or your money back. We want your experience with us to be a positive one and we don't believe in asking you to return a product that you're not happy with.
- Which stockists sell facetheory?
- The best place (and the cheapest!) to buy our products is on this website. We don't sell to high street retailers, department stores or other shops. Their extra margin would mean we would have to charge more for our products - and we want our skincare to remain affordable. We also believe we can offer you exactly the right help to get the best out of our products.
- Do you have a press contact?
- We like our products to speak for themselves by good reviews from real actual customers - so PR isn't something we do much of - but if you do want someone to speak to try firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you work with bloggers?
- Yes. Email email@example.com and tell us about yourself.
- I have other random questions.
- Try here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to answer.